Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vintage Scavenging and some Summer heat

My mother, aunt and I went to this "Vintage yard sale" downtown, today. As someone who loves vintage, and finding things for less, I was pretty much looking forward to this sale all week. It was great getting to interact with individuals and to see all of the old pieces of clothing, accessories, etc. My cousin and her friends were all apart of this sale, and it was cool getting to see the range of all the stuff being sold. I regret not getting pictures of this sale, though! It's ironic, because I had my dad's digital camera with me. Hopefully I will be going to many more sales like these, in the future. On to the pictures....

Denim Jacket-Liz Claiborne (stolen from my mom's closet)

Boots-Call It Spring

Assorted bracelets

This guy at the vintage/craft yard sale was selling keychains and jewelry that he crafted with Deer antlers and wood. He was even selling this really interesting bag made out of a turtle shell and leather. My mom fell in love with it, however it was a little bit pricey (it was $125, although you could definitely tell that he put a lot of work into the bag). I found this wooden feather necklace for only five bucks.

Gotta love Tina Turner! Once I am able to get a needle for the record player that belonged to my dad, I will definitely have to play this and the other records I own. I only paid a dollar for the record!


My search for a big gold chain is finally over! A lady from this store, Freckles Vintage, was selling assorted clothing and accessories, and whilst looking through a small box of necklaces, I came across this gold chain. I will definitely be wearing this piece quite a bit!


Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well! Hope you all are having a lovely Memorial Day weekend! Stay safe!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment